July 12, 2012

THAILAND: of temples and elephants

CHAANG! --> the first Thai word I knew because we have to sing the Thai song 'Chaang' in a music class in high school :p

Elephants in Ayutthaya are of reach. Yes, I was this close without any fences/borders between us (and it's for free!).
Thailand's version of Manila's Pasig River. You can travel to tourist attractions (e.g. floating market, reclining Buddha, Grand Palace) via this river.
I really recommend this! :) See my Trip Advisor review of this hotel here.
and because of the many temples we visited, I already forgot which is which, so forgive me and just scan through the photos. hihi
I recruited some monks to join my photo op. haha
Top and maxi skirt provided by the temple since I was not in proper attire. Sleeveless shirts, shorts, skirts, ripped jeans are not allowed inside the premises. You have to line-up and pick up clothes (like that on my photo) in the entrance for free but you need to deposit some Baht :) Of course you have to return them right after and you'll also be given your Baht in return.
One side of The Grand Palace
Sticky rice with mango. This is a must-try in Thailand!
Thailand features a lot of gold! Too pretty! Too picturesque!
Check out the face behind us. Story: You should kneel while taking a photo of this to give respect as "you should not be taller than their god"
Guess what these are. haha

I also bumped into a lot of people. You might know some of them. :D :D :D
 Nichkhun Horvejkul
 Choi Siwon (최시원)
He is Thailand's best :p
 Lee Donghae (이동해)
One of my few Twitter followers, Britney Spears
and finally the one and only queen bee, Leighton Meester

It was indeed another fun-filled trip with the family. Cheers to more countries to visit! :)
BISOUS xo

3 comments:

  1. love your blog , its better that you make the photos bigger:)
    Hope you dont mind:) nice blog:)
    now following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweee. your so lucky to meet queen b! wooot! stay fab :D love your blooog =)

    impeccablelad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete